Fill in a notice of intention to enter a civil partnership
Use this application form to register your relationship as a civil partnership with a declaration ceremony. You need to be 18 or older and at least 1 partner must live in Queensland.
It will take you about 15 minutes to complete this application form.
- Answer the questions.
- Download and print the completed application form.
- At least 10 full days before your declaration ceremony, and no earlier than 12 months before:
- show your proof of ID and supporting documents to your civil partnership notary
- get your civil partnership notary to witness your signatures in the declaration section and complete their declaration.
- If you are not having your declaration ceremony at the Brisbane registry, a copy of the completed application form must also be sent to us either:
- by post to Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, PO Box 15188, CITY EAST QLD 4002
- in person at the Brisbane registry customer service centre at Level 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane, or your nearest Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) office.