Volunteering is a great way to build experience and learn new skills. It can also create job opportunities or lead to paid work.
Volunteering allows you to:
- gain experience in businesses or industries where you are looking for work
- build your skills and knowledge in new areas
- create networks and build relationships
- become known in the industry
- become familiar with how an industry works
- transition to employment more easily.
Read more about volunteering and find opportunities that suit your interests.
Find a volunteer organisation
Search the following organisations to find a role that best suits you:
- Volunteering Queensland—find volunteering opportunities as well as resources and information about events.
- Volunteering Australia—search for volunteering opportunities in your community
- GoVolunteer—search for a role based on your skills or find an organisation you would like to work with
- Queensland State Emergency Services (SES)—how to volunteer in the community during times of disaster
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) Voluntourism—search for volunteering opportunities with local tourism organisations.
- Read about the benefits of volunteering on the myfuture website.