1300 MH CALL: Mental health access line
1300 MH CALL (1300 642 255) is a confidential mental health telephone triage service that provides the first point of contact to public mental health services to Queenslanders.
1300 MH CALL is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will link to the caller’s nearest Queensland Public Mental Health service.
If you feel that you may be in need of mental health support and have never accessed a mental health service before, please contact your general practitioner or phone our mental health access line 1300 MH CALL (1300 642 255).
The 1300 MH CALL service:
- is the main point of access into public mental health services
- can provide support, information, advice and referral
- can provide advice and information in a mental health emergency or crisis
- is staffed by trained and experienced professional mental health clinicians
- will provide a mental health triage and refer to acute care teams where appropriate.
In an emergency always dial Triple Zero (000)
Privacy and confidentiality
All calls to 1300 MH CALL are recorded as confidential Queensland Health medical records.
1300 MH CALL is only available in Queensland. Interstate callers should contact their local health service provider or call Health Direct Australia on 1800 022 222.
Dial Triple Zero (000) for Police, Fire and Ambulance in an emergency.
Hearing impaired callers dial 106 by TTY or use other National Relay Services in an emergency.
Non-urgent medical help: 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
General enquiries: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)