Playgroups help parents, grandparents, carers and children come together to learn, play and interact in a safe environment.
Playgroup Queensland manages the guidelines that many playgroups use.
Common features of playgroups include:
- children are aged from birth to school age
- children's play is guided and supported by parents, grandparents and carers
- a stimulating environment with a variety of learning experiences
- meeting at venues such as community and neighbourhood centres, church halls, kindergartens or people's homes
- group members giving small donations, if required, to support the running of the group.
Some playgroups may include families with similar circumstances and background.
Find a playgroup
Find a playgroup in your area or phone Playgroup Queensland on 1800 171 882 for help finding one.
Start a playgroup
You can start a playgroup in your area by contacting Playgroup Queensland.
Contact Playgroup Queensland to register your group.