Isaac Downs Project
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) process completed.
- Development of a greenfield, open-cut coal mine and associated project infrastructure, extracting between approximately 1 and 4 million tonnes per year of run of mine (ROM) metallurgical coal, with an approximate total of 35 million tonnes of coal over 16 years.
- ROM coal will be trucked on haul roads to the adjacent Isaac Plains Mine (IPM).
- ROM coal processing at the existing IPM coal handling and preparation plant.
- Coal transport from the existing IPM rail loop to the Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal for export.
- Stanmore IP South Pty Ltd.
- Approximately 145 kilometres (km) south-west of Mackay and 10 kilometres south-east of Moranbah, Queensland.
- Isaac Regional Council.
- 16 years.
- Approximately 250 (construction).
- Approximately 300 (operation).
Commonwealth approval needed
- Yes (controlled action EPBC 2019/8413), single EIS assessment process for Queensland and the Commonwealth.
Environmental impact statement (EIS)
The EIS Assessment Report was issued to the proponent on 3 March 2021 in accordance with section 60 of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act). The EIS process under Chapter 3, Part 1 of the EP Act is now completed
Publicly available documents can be obtained by accessing the links below or by contacting the proponent STANMORE IP SOUTH PTY LTD on 07 3238 1000, emailing email@example.com or online at Stanmore Coal - Isaac Downs Project.
For further information about the EIS process for this proposal, contact the EIS Coordinator (Isaac Downs Project) on 13QGOV (13 74 68) or email firstname.lastname@example.org