Queensland auditor handbook for contaminated land
The Queensland auditor handbook for contaminated land is the primary guideline for auditors and those seeking to become an auditor.
The handbook comprises the following modules, which also provide useful information to suitably qualified persons, landowners, developers and the general community.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Auditor Framework : outlines the structure and content of the handbook; gives a brief overview of the legislation that regulates their functions; and provides advice on where to find additional information about contaminated land auditors.
- Module 2: Auditor application requirements : explains how to apply to become an auditor in Queensland, either as a new applicant or by mutual recognition of an approval from another state; and explains how to apply to renew an auditor’s existing approval.
- Module 3: Assessment of auditor applications : describes the separate assessment processes for an auditor's first-time application, renewal application, or mutual recognition application; and provides new applicants with advice on how to prepare for the examination and interview.
- Module 4: Code of professional conduct : sets out how an auditor must conduct their functions; lists the legally binding expectations for an auditor's professional behaviour; and lists the obligations for how they administer their work.
- Module 5: Auditor's functions : describes what an auditor does, and how they do it; provides information about how auditors interact with those who own or investigate contaminated land; and gives an overview of how the government oversees the performance of auditors.
- Module 6: Content requirements for contaminated land investigation documents, certifications and audit reports : provides advice about the required content of a contaminated land investigation document, an auditor’s certification, and an audit report.
Other resources for auditors
- Application for approval as an auditor for contaminated land
- Written notice to apply for mutual recognition as an auditor for contaminated land
- Auditor’s certification and declaration template
This template is to be used by any auditor to certify a contaminated land investigation document under s.389 of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act), and to make a declaration under s. 574C of the EP Act.
- Template for a support expert’s statement
This template is to be used by any support expert (engaged by an auditor to provide expert advice) to make a statement about specific matters which must accompany the auditor’s certification.
- Auditor’s notification form
This form is to be used by any auditor to notify about a matter as required by the code of professional conduct for auditors.
- The Guideline: Duty to notify for contaminated land (PDF, 291KB).
- Template for giving written notice about a notifiable activity (DOCX, 180KB).
This template is to be used by any auditor to notify about a notifiable activity being, or having been, carried out on land.
- Template for giving written notice about duty to notify of environmental harm under s.320 of the EP Act (DOCX, 118KB)
This template is to be used by any auditor to notify of the risk of environmental harm.
- Form for Auditor Annual Reporting
This form is to be used by an auditor to submit annual reporting information under the code of professional conduct.