Where can I get LGBTIQ support?
- Domestic and family violence support for LGBTIQ communities This will open (campaigns.premiers.qld.gov.au) Everyone has the right to feel safe. Find out who you can contact for advice, referrals and confidential support.
- DVConnect Womensline This will open (www.dvconnect.org) DVConnect Womensline offers free, professional and non-judgemental telephone support to women in Queensland. They can arrange practical assistance such as counselling, intervention, transport and emergency accommodation for Queensland women and their children who are in danger from a violent partner or family member. Contact them for support.
- DVConnect Mensline This will open (www.dvconnect.org) DVConnect Mensline is a free, confidential telephone counselling referral and support service for men experiencing domestic and family violence and relationship, child support and family law problems. Contact them for support.
- 1800RESPECT This will open (www.1800respect.org.au) 1800RESPECT is a confidential information, counselling and support service open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
- LGBTI Legal Service Inc. This will open (www.lgbtilegalservice.org) This service offers free and confidential legal advice to Queensland residents who identify as members of the LGBTI community.
- Support for young people who identify as LGBTIQ+ Find information about support groups that provide assistance to young people in Queensland who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
- Support for seniors who identify as LGBTIQ+ This will open (seniorsenquiryline.com.au) Find out about events and support groups for seniors in the LGBTIQ community.
- Police liaison and support for the LGBTI community This will open (www.police.qld.gov.au) The Queensland Police Service LGBTI Liaison Program provides a professional, non-discriminatory, accessible policing service to members of LGBTI communities. Find out how to speak with an LGBTI liaison officer.
- QLife This will open (qlife.org.au) QLife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.