The RentConnect service helps Queenslanders to find and apply for a place to rent. This service may help people who:
- are having trouble finding a suitable home for themselves and/or their family
- have no identification documents or rental history
- are trying to prove they will be a good renter/tenant
- find it hard to read or write.
RentConnect officers will work out what help you may need. They can help you to:
- find a home to rent
- understand the rental application process
- fill out rental application forms
- contact local real estate agents.
Templates for tenant references
Sometimes it can be difficult to move into private housing if you don't have references from previous landlords and housing providers.
To help with this, we've developed several templates that you can ask a landlord or provider to use to provide a reference when you leave a property.
To make an appointment with a RentConnect Officer, phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or visit a Housing Service Centre.