Safe places to hang out
Police Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC)
PCYC offer recreational spaces and facilities for young people to meet or just hang out. Contact your nearest PCYC to check out what activities are available.
Visible Ink offer events and activities for young people in Brisbane aged 12–26, such as:
- free computer and internet access
- outdoor recreation programs
- live music events
- art classes.
The Edge Digital Cultural Centre
The Edge Digital Cultural Centre in Brisbane has:
- physical spaces to meet with others or relax on your own
- free access to a range of spaces and software.
Open Doors Youth Service (LGBTI)
Open Doors has a range of programs that provide safe spaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex young people. These spaces allow you to hang out with your friends without being judged.
Read more about support for young LGBT people.
Safe public places
- Your local council may list safe public places near you where you can hang out.
- Libraries offer a safe environment with free access to books, magazines, movies and the internet.
- Emergency housing is available for you to sleep, eat and shower.
- Salvation Army drop-in centres also offer a safe and supportive place for at-risk young people.