Completing The Duke of Ed
The record book provides much of the information you will need to know about how to complete your Award.
The basic steps are:
- Choose your activities for each section—check out the list of suitable activities (PDF, 114KB) or (RTF, 253KB) to get ideas, or talk to your Award Leader or parent for advice.
- Find your assessors—ask your Award Leader to help you find a suitable assessor for each of your activities.
- Complete your Award plan—email email@example.com to request the latest Bronze/Silver Award plan or Gold Award plan.
- Get your Award plan approved
- Bronze and Silver Award—send it to your Award Leader.
- Gold Award—send it to the Queensland State Award Operating Authority.
- Do your activities—after your plan is approved you can begin your activities. You can do more than 1 section at a time.
- Fill in your record book—Log your hours on your Online Record Book (ORB). Keep a record of your activities and once you have completed each activity make sure the relevant assessor signs and dates the relevant section. Your Assessor will also need to write a report on your activity.
- Get your Award approved—give your record book to your Award Leader. Once they are happy you have completed all of the sections, they will forward it to the Queensland State Award Operating Authority for approval.
- Receive your Award—the Queensland State Award Operating Authority will send you a letter and you will get your certificate and badge. You can choose how you would like to receive your certificate and badge
- your Award Leader can present them to you
- you can attend an Award ceremony (contact your Award Unit for details)
- you can have them sent to you.