Enrol in direct debit
You can only enrol online for direct debit to automatically pay your registration renewal every 3, 6 or 12 months (for eligible vehicles) or every 12 months (for eligible boats).
If your registration renewal is due and you want to pay it by direct debit, you must enrol and add the registration at least 25 days before the expiry date.
What you need for direct debit
You can enrol in direct debit at any time provided you have at least 1 eligible registration.
When you enrol in direct debit you need to:
- provide your contact details so we can communicate directly with you
- nominate your bank account or credit card that you want your registration renewal payments to be deducted from
- add the registrations you want to pay by direct debit.
Your registration renewal payment will be deducted from your nominated credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), savings or cheque account. Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a credit card surcharge. Gift cards can’t be used for direct debit payments.
Enrol in direct debit
Once you enrol for direct debit and your details are confirmed you can start using direct debit to pay your registration renewal.
To enrol you must:
- be 18 years of age
- be a registered operator of at least 1 eligible vehicle or boat (your name must be on the registration notice)
- have the registration number of the vehicle or boat you want to pay for
- have a valid email address (so we can contact you)
- accept the direct debit terms and conditions.
Registrations you can renew by direct debit
Registrations that can be renewed using direct debit must be current and include:
- light vehicles with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) of 4.5t or less, including passenger cars and motorcycles
- light trailers with an aggregate trailer mass of 4.5t or less, this includes boat trailers and caravans
- Queensland regulated ships (recreational boats, including motor boats and personal watercrafts).
Registrations must have 1 of the following purposes of use:
- driver training or tuition
- limousine use
- peak demand taxi
- produce carrying (farming)
- used for non-profit
- other vessel use.
Registrations must be 1 of the following categories:
- passenger car
- recreational motor boat
- recreational speed boat
- other vessel
- other prescribed vessel
- motorised caravan
- light commercial
Registration must not: