Tech solutions to improve safety and movement for vulnerable road users
TMR, iMOVE and its partners are looking for new technology applications that could improve the safety of vulnerable road users, ultimately leading to saving lives and reducing injuries.
Pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists are over-represented in crashes, and the injuries they sustain are generally more severe than other road users, so when exploring emerging vehicle technologies, it is imperative that their safety is not overlooked.
iMOVE held a national workshop in October 2018 where they identified priority areas for possible projects:
- Pedestrian and vehicle interactions at intersections in urban environments
- Vulnerable road users and vehicle interactions on footpaths and driveways
- Car and truck interactions with bicycles/motorcycles
- Heavy vehicle and pedestrian/cyclist interactions at destination start/end points.
iMOVE is coordinating an expression of interest, calling for solutions to be proposed in any of the above areas to be considered either as:
- solutions requiring development prior to trial
- solutions ready for direct deployment at trial.
Organisations planning to respond to the expression of interest are encouraged to register at iMOVE website to stay connected for updates to this initiative.
To submit a response, download and complete the expression of interest template returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 18 March 2019.