How to enrol in PrepL
To enrol in PrepL you must:
- be at least 15 years and 11 months of age
To enrol in PrepL and complete your learning and assessment you need to complete the following steps:
Step 1: answer questions
Completing PrepL is not always a requirement to get a driver licence. Before you enrol online, you need to answer questions that check if you need to take the course.
If you have already enrolled and paid for PrepL at a transport and motoring customer service centre, you can skip ahead by answering 'Yes' to the first question 'Have you already paid for PrepL?' when you Enrol in PrepL.
Step 2: sign up for an account
You will need an email address and to create a secure password.
Email address tips
- Don't use your school email address, you will lose access when you graduate.
- Don't use a shared email account to access PrepL, use an email address that belongs to you.
When you create your account, you'll receive an email asking you to verify your email address. To verify your address, follow the link in the email we send you. The link is valid for 24 hours.
Step 3: enrol in PrepL
To enrol in PrepL you need to have a Transport and Main Roads customer reference number issued.
You will already have a customer reference number issued if you have:
- paid for PrepL in person (at a transport and motoring customer service centre)
- attempted a written road rules test
- a Queensland recreational marine licence
- an Adult Proof of Age card or photo identification card
- a fine that has been issued in your name
- a disability parking permit issued in your name.
If you don't have a customer reference number, you can apply online when you enrol in PrepL. A customer reference number will automatically be issued when you enrol.
Step 4: pay the course fee
You will need to pay a non-refundable fee.
Step 5: begin the course
You will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to login to the course. A link to the course is also included on screen once you have completed your enrolment online. Use your account details (your email address and password) to login and start the PrepL course.
You will have unlimited access to the course for 12 months from the date of payment.
Enrol and start the PrepL course today.