Personalised transport industry fee relief
On 25 April 2020, the Queensland Government announced support for taxi, limousine and rideshare drivers and operators as part a $54.5 million transport industry package. This package of measures has been fully delivered.
The package included:
- providing existing booked hire/taxi driver authorisation holders fee relief to the value of a 6-month term for driver authorisation
- extending taxi/limousine licences for 6 months
- waiving the annual Taxi Industry Security Levy in 2019/20
- extending existing booking entity authorisations for 6 months
- temporarily implementing a refund policy for holders of booked hire service licences so they could receive a pro-rata refund if they chose to surrender their licence.
The Queensland Government has temporarily waived fees for operators to cancel and re-register their vehicles. Further information is available at: