Traffic updates and alerts
Traffic build-ups can happen quickly in peak travel hours and when incidents—such as crashes, dangerous weather, power outages, emergency roadworks and special events—occur.
We are committed to easing traffic congestion and clearing incidents as quickly and safely as possible. However, if you view traffic updates and alerts before heading out on Queensland’s roads, you can plan your journeys to avoid incidents and traffic build-ups.
Online traffic updates and alerts
13 19 40 Traffic and Travel Information provides live traffic camera feeds and real-time information on traffic conditions across Queensland.
You can also view general traffic updates by following the 13 19 40 Traffic and Travel Information Twitter accounts.
Twitter accounts exist for:
- Brisbane and surrounding areas
- Central and North West regions
- Darling Downs and South West regions
- Far North and Northern regions
- Mackay, Whitsunday area, Rockhampton and Wide Bay
- Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
QLDAlert displays the tweets from all 13 19 40 Twitter accounts—so that if you do not have a Twitter account you can still view these alerts.
Over the phone traffic updates and alerts
You can call the 13 19 40 Traffic and Travel Information hotline to:
- find out about traffic conditions across Queensland
- report an incident or traffic jam.
Call 13 19 40 (24 hours, 7 days).