Joining a sport or recreation club
Finding a club
There are many ways to get involved with a sport or recreation club. You can:
- contact the state sport or recreation organisation that looks after your activity-they may be able to help you find a club in your area
- check with your local council they may have a list of clubs you can join.
- browse the list of national sporting organisations on the Australian Sports Commission's website to find state and national clubs for your sport
- check with your local university—they will often advertise social sports groups and competitions
- Griffith University social sport
- University of Queensland social sport
- Queensland University of Technology social sport
- Bond University
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Southern Queensland social sport
- James Cook University social sport
- Australian University Sport
- find out how people with disability can join in social sport
- use the club locator to find a Get Started Vouchers club
- ask your local YMCA about social activities you can be part of.
Masters sporting clubs for over 30s
- Mature-aged athletes can compete in the following games:
- Australian Masters Games
- Pan Pacific Masters Games
- Great Barrier Reef Masters Games
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon
- The state sport or recreation organisation for your activity may be able to help you find a masters club.
- Popular masters sports include:
The state sport or recreation organisation for your activity may be able to help you find a masters club.