How to apply
Round 7 is now open.
Eligible organisations wishing to apply will need to be registered on the Grant Registration Portal.
Get Playing Places and Spaces provides funding for infrastructure development so that more Queenslanders can be involved in sport and active recreation.
Eligible organisations can apply for up to $150,000 (GST exclusive).
Organisations will need to contribute a minimum of 20 per cent to the total eligible project costs. Applications are to be submitted online.
- Round 7 is now open for applications
- The program closes at 5pm on Friday, 28 September 2018
- Successful projects can commence January 2019.
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local or regional not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (with a primary objective of sport or active recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- An incorporated State level sport or recreation organisation managing infrastructure for local community use
- A sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university
- Queensland local governments with a population of less than 40,000 people.
How to register to apply
Never registered before or registered with Enquire before May 2017
You will need to register in the new Grant Registration Portal (GRP) in Enquire (grants management system). Details available on the GRP information page.
Registered in the new Enquire Grant Registration Portal (GRP)
A Primary or Secondary contact will need to log into the organisation’s account to commence an application.
Prior to applying, check if the organisation is eligible by reading the guidelines. Once you have confirmed that the organisation is eligible, proceed to accessing the application.
To access the application, complete the following steps:
- Visit the Enquire application portal and log into your account
- Complete the online application including downloading and completing the Excel spreadsheet and uploading any required documents. If at any point you don’t have documentation to support the application, click ‘save’ and return to the application later by logging back into your account
- Submit the application. Applications at a status of ‘submitted’ cannot be retrieved for editing by the applicant.
Please note the following and read the how to guide and troubleshooting manual (PDF, 2.47MB) for more information.
- All applications must be submitted no later than 5pm, 28 September 2018.
- Enquire is a web-based grants system. Applications are submitted online via Enquire.
- Before you begin, please take a moment to ensure your computer system meets the following software requirements necessary to view and successfully lodge an application:
- The application form is not compatible with mobile or tablet devices.
- Applications must be made from a desktop computer or laptop.
- Enquire will work best using the latest version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
- You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to open documents within the online application form.
- Get Playing Places and Spaces guidelines - Round 7 (PDF, 604KB)
- Project costs and contributions spreadsheet (XLSM, 114KB)
- Get Playing Places and Spaces fact sheet (PDF, 530KB)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) fact sheet (PDF, 229KB)
- How to guide and troubleshooting manual (PDF, 2.47MB)
- Start your online application