How to apply
Round 6 has now closed.
About Get Playing Places and Spaces
Get Playing Places and Spaces provides funding for infrastructure development so that more Queenslanders can be involved in sport and active recreation.
Eligible organisations can apply for up to $150,000 (GST exclusive).
Organisations will need to contribute a minimum of 20 per cent to the total eligible project costs. Applications are to be submitted online.
- Round 6 is now closed
- A list of the successful projects is now available
- Successful projects commence from 1 November 2017. Review the information for approved applicants prior to commencing your project.
- Round 7 opens for applications on 2 July 2018
- Applications close on 31 August 2018
- Announcement of successful projects in November 2018
- Successful projects can commence in January 2019
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local or regional not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (with a primary objective of sport or active recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- A sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university
- Local governments with a population of less than 40,000 people.
Checking your submitted application
You are able to check the status of your application by logging into the Enquire system. You need to log in to your applicant portal account (current user) here and go to the ‘My Applications’ section.
For further information contact your nearest Sport and Recreation regional office on 13 74 68 (13 QGOV).