Planning your project
Does your organisation need to apply for funding?
Free training and resources are available for volunteers and coaches:
- Participate in our free online training modules. View the range of topics available.
- Visit support and development for clubs for information, tools and templates.
- Australian Sports Commission offers training and support for coaches and officials
- Some State level organisations provide free training to affiliated members, including examples of how to be more inclusive and offer activities for more culturally diverse population groups
- Play by the Rules provides inclusion examples and actions
- Queensland Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander provides cultural capability training support.
The following tools may also help determine your organisation’s greatest needs to manage and govern, and potentially deliver better services:
- Australian Sports Commission Club Health Check
- State level organisation’s or local government’s club support resources (check with your Council)
- Play by the Rules Club Toolkit and training.
Other funding opportunities
- The Gambling Community Benefit Fund provides funding of $500 to $35,000 to not-for-profit groups operating in Queensland. Full eligibility and information on how to apply is available on the Gambling Community Benefit Fund website.
- The Australian Sports Foundation may be able to assist your organisation with funding needs. The Sports Foundation have a special status that enables organisations to sign up and fundraise via tax-deductible donations. See information on how to fundraise through the Sports Foundation website.
For further information, contact your Sport and Recreation service area.