Event frequently asked questions
On this page:
- What if I am planning an event with external providers, including contractors, special entertainment activities etc., demonstrations/exhibitors?
- What if I am planning an event with alcohol?
- What if I am planning an event with over 500 attendees?
- How will I know the requirements for my event?
- What if I have multiple bookings?
- Where can I get help?
What if I am planning an event with external providers, including contractors, special entertainment activities etc., demonstrations/exhibitors?
To include external providers at an event the hirer will be required to provide to Venue Management:
- Key dates and times of arrival and departure of these activities, from the venue (Bump-in/Bump-out)
- Name and contact details for each of these activities
- A copy of Insurance certificate of currency, and any relevant licences etc. from each activity contact
- Risk assessment covering the risk management of the activity/ies, Venue Management are able to assist with this process.
If your event involves the consumption of alcohol, there are specific hirer responsibilities to assist with the management of the event at the venue and will include:
- Provide security/ crowd control personnel during alcohol service times of the event, smaller events may be eligible to appoint volunteer crowd control, check with the Venue Manager to see if you are eligible
- An event representative must have responsible service of alcohol (RSA) and manage the service of alcohol during your event
- Alcoholic beverages must not have an alcohol content greater than 4% and maximum wine serve of 200ml
- Alcohol is not to be sold or dispensed in glass containers
- Designated drinking areas will be roped off in accordance with the permit conditions and signed accordingly
- Supply a valid liquor permit, available through the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR)
- Community liquor permit exemptions are only eligible for a one off event and cannot be used for multiple events through a season, further information is available from OLGR
- Complete a risk assessment covering the risk management of the consumption of alcohol at your event, Venue Management are able to assist with this process.
If your event has expected attendee numbers greater than 500, at any one time, there are additional hirer responsibilities to ensure the safety of your attendees and Venue interests. The Hirer will:
- Provide security/ crowd control personnel for the duration of the event
- Provide an event specific risk management plan
- Complete Event management plan
- Dual responsibility with the venue to develop an Event emergency management plan, and include key hirer appointed representatives to assist with this process
- In some cases the inclusion of emergency service and traffic management personnel, will also be required.
Venue Management are able to assist with the above process, and provide templates for these documents.
To ensure the management of risk for the booking/event the Venue Management will request risk assessment/ management processes from the hirer, relative to the size, demographics of the booking/ event, as a guide the following are set as thresholds:
- Booking/ event with attendee numbers expected to be less than 200 at any one time, with no alcohol consumption or external providers: No risk assessment will be required, unless deemed necessary by the Venue Management considering the nature of the booking/ event
- Bookings/ events with attendee numbers expected to be greater than 200, but less than 500 at any one time, no alcohol consumption or external providers: Risk assessment will be required and event specific considerations included in the event emergency plan
- Bookings greater than 500 and/or involving the consumption of alcohol and/ or external providers, will require the risk management process outlined above.
These requirements are general information and Venue Management may request additional information and process, as deemed necessary after consideration of the nature of the event.
It is acknowledged that some HIRERS hold multiple bookings throughout the year, for this purpose the Venue Management may consider the provision of one risk assessment per season, but the risk assessment must be reviewed should any further risk management measures be identified.
In some cases Venue Management may request additional information and process, as deemed necessary after consideration of the nature of the bookings/ event.
Seasonal risk assessments are not eligible if the booking/event involves the consumption of alcohol and/or external providers.
If you need assistance with your event risk management, please contact the Venue Manager:
Toowoomba Sports Ground:
Gautam Dua: 07 4596 1009