Toowoomba Sports Ground
On this page:
The Toowoomba Sports Ground has hosted a range of high profile sporting events including NRL pre-season trial games, Queensland REDS and the Queensland Roar.
Our venue can hold approximately 9,000 people—the Duncan Thompson Grandstand is tiered, seating over 1,100 people and an extra 1,000 tiered outer seating is available in addition to the grass area around the sports field.
The grandstand has the following facilities:
- change/dressing rooms
- canteen with cooking and cold room
- bar area with cold room
- medical room
- drug testing room
- function room with view of the sports field
- two air-conditioned media and broadcast boxes at the top of the grandstand overlooking the field
- media loft overlooking the field used for videography and still photography
- entry kiosk with ticket office facilities.
We offer a range of facilities for people with disabilities—please see below for our full range of amenities for persons with a disability.
The playing field is 130m long and 85m wide. Our field surface is professionally maintained and has hosted both state and national level competition. Our field can be used for:
- rugby union
- rugby league
- football (soccer)
The field has fixed rugby league/rugby union posts with padding and portable football goals with nets—also available for training with field hire.
The John “Cracker” McDonald Function Room can be hired for weddings, engagements, birthday parties, Christmas parties, conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, tradeshows, business breakfasts and most other events—it can be arranged for large or small events.
The function room has the following features:
- glass wall looking out over the historic sporting field
- verandah with views of beautiful Queens Park and the city
- standing capacity of 180 people for cocktail party
- seating capacity of 140 for a seated banquet
- other configurations capacity include 160 theatre, 80 classroom and 50 U shape
- bar equipped with a cold room, glass washer and glasses
- contract caterer
- wheel chair access
- short walk to motels and city centre.
Equipment available for use includes:
- 50 inch plasma screen (PC compatible)
- whiteboards (manual and electronic)
- laptop available for use with USB
- high definition, ceiling mounted data projector
- electronic screen
- in-built audio system
- lectern and cordless microphone with stand
Contact us for further information or to book your next meeting or function.
High profile sporting events we have hosted include:
- NRL pre-season trial games
- Rugby Union pre-season trial games
- Queensland Roar
- Intrust Super Cup (Q-Cup)
- Professional Bull Riding Australia.
Regional sporting events hosted include:
- Southern Suburbs Football Rugby League
- SWQ Thunder Football Club
- Downs Rugby Finals
- Toowoomba Junior Rugby League final
- Toowoomba Rugby League Final Series.
Community events hosted include:
- Hospital Foundation – Zombie Walk
Junior sporting events hosted include:
- Southern Suburbs Junior Rugby League
- ARL Development Cup
- Darling Downs Secondary Schools Football Cup
- Primary Schools Rugby League
- Teenage Rugby Finals
- Toowoomba Junior Rugby League Grand Finals
- Primary Schools Sports Expo
- East State School Athletics Carnival.
The Toowoomba Sports Ground is a PWD-friendly facility, our facilities include:
- wheelchair parking—two on Arthur street and three on-site
- wheelchair to the grandstand and wheelchair seating area
- four PWD toilets— at least one on each level of grandstand building and one near canteen area
- lift access to all levels of the grandstand and function room.
Please contact us for more information.
There is limited on-site car parking—street parking is available on Arthur, Mary and Lindsay streets.
Toowoomba Sports Ground is located next to beautiful Queens Park, and is a short stroll to Toowoomba’s city centre.
47 Arthur Street, Toowoomba 4350
Approximately travel time by car from the following locations is:
- Brisbane City, 1 hour 30 minutes
- Gold Coast, 2 hours
- regional townships of Warwick, Dalby, Gatton, Millmerran, Clifton, Pittsworth and Crows Nest, within 1 hour.
Phone (07) 4596 1009 (9am to 5pm, excluding public holidays)
Fax (07) 3607 2276
Mobile 0459 849 507 (Gautam Dua, Venue Manager)
Postal address: PO Box 2259, Toowoomba BC 4350