Stay Relevant - information for organisations
The National Policy Framework for Girls and Women in Sport (PDF, 6MB) allows Commonwealth and State and Territory government jurisdictions to collectively measure progress on achieving equity for girls and women in sport. The framework will be delivered with guidance from the Australian Women in Sport Advisory Group.
Tools and training
- The Women and Girls Principles (PDF, 211KB) offer a set of principles and resources to assist organisations to implement best practice models to improve lifelong participation outcomes for women and girls. The principles are holistic and aim to positively influence female participation through enhancements to places and spaces, programs and services, governance, and marketing and promotion.
- The Women and Girls Checklist (PDF, 133KB) provides a tool for organisations to conduct a ‘self-audit’ on the accessibility and suitability of their places and spaces, programs and services, and organisational practices for women and girls. Organisations will find this checklist useful in identifying gaps, so they can develop a plan of action to ensure they positively influence female participation in sport and recreation.
- Play by the Rules provides information, resources, tools and free online training to increase the capacity and capability of administrators, coaches, officials, players and spectators to assist them in preventing and dealing with discrimination, harassment and child safety issues in sport.
- Club Health Check provides clubs with a quick ‘health check’ by guiding them through a series of questions that help identify key priority areas for development and provide access to relevant resources.
- International Guide for Providing Sport Programs for Girls is designed to inform organisations as they develop effective, sustainable, sport programs that serve girls and women.
Information and services
- Start Playing, Stay Playing report (PDF, 2.78MB) is a plan to increase and enhance sport and active recreation opportunities for women and girls.
- The Office for Women aims to promote and encourage the rights of all Queensland women; across cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and age groups.
- Women Sport Australia provides information on leadership and advocacy for women and girls in sport, physical activity and active recreation.
- The resources have been developed in response to the recommendations established by the Advisory Committee on Women and Girls in Sport and Recreation in an effort to assist sport and recreation organisations with identifying how women and girls can be better supported, and encouraged to be more active and stay more active.