Women and Girls Advisory Committee
The Queensland Government is committed to inspiring and encouraging more women and girls to take part in regular physical activity. The Ministerial Advisory Committee on Women and Girls in Sport and Recreation (the Committee) was established in 2013 to investigate ways to improve participation rates of women and girls in sport and active recreation.
Current Committee members are:
- Professor Doune Macdonald – Committee Chair and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning), The University of Queensland
- Dr Sue Hooper AM – former Director of the Queensland Academy of Sports’ Centre of Excellence and Olympian
- Mr Dean Warren – Chief Executive Officer of AFL Queensland
- Ms AnneMarie White OAM – athlete, author and media personality, and founding member of Womensport Queensland
- Ms Sharon Finnan-White OAM – Indigenous sporting role model and former Australian netball representative
Work of the Committee
The Committee meets quarterly to discuss initiatives aimed at increasing participation and representation of women and girls in sport and active recreation, with advice of the Committee presented to the Minister for Sport and the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing for consideration.