COVID-19 measures at Queensland State Archives
To help ensure the health and safety of everyone, we are introducing a number of COVID-19 measures at QSA.
Help reduce the spread of COVID-19
Reading Room bookings
Before you come to the Reading Room you will need to book your visit.
Book a time from 9am to 12.30pm or 1.30pm to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Our monthly Saturday openings will start from Saturday 8 August. To meet contact tracing requirements for COVID-19, you will need to provide your contact details when booking a time.
The Reader’s Lounge is still closed.
Hygiene and social distancing
We are introducing a number of measures, including:
- hand sanitising stations at the entrance and inside the Reading Room
- sneeze guards installed at the reception and archivist desks
- safety bins around the Reading Room for tissues, wipes and glove disposal
- desks spaced four metres apart
- distance dots on the floor to mark safe distances at the reception and archivist desks
- daily cleaning of public areas between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
When you visit the Reading Room, we ask that you wash your hands with soap and dry them before using the computers, microfilm readers and original records, and wipe down the machines after you use them.
We ask that you do not use your own hand sanitiser as this could damage original records.
No food or drink on-site
We ask visitors to have their meals off-site or outside and, with the exception of bottled water, not to bring food or drinks inside QSA.
Access to original records
You can access physical original records in the Reading Room. We will then quarantine the records for 7 days before we can grant further access.
You can still access all our online services:
- Search the records using the ArchivesSearch catalogue
- Order copies of records
- Browse through images on our Flickr page
- Watch videos about stories in the collection and researching the archives
- Explore Queensland through the records of QSA and other historical organisations on Q-Album
- Engage with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Delays in services
During the current restrictions we may not be able to provide digital copies or answer enquiries as quickly as we normally do.
Contact us if you have a research enquiry or need more information about any of the COVID-19 measures we’re putting in place.