COVID-19 measures at Queensland State Archives
Help reduce the spread of COVID-19
Reading Room bookings
You can search the collection from home and pre-order items to view in the Reading Room via the ArchivesSearch catalogue.
Make sure you also book your research table in the Reading Room via Eventbrite for the day you would like to view the records.
Hygiene and social distancing
We have introduced a several measures, including:
- hand sanitising stations at the entrance and inside the Reading Room
- sneeze guards installed at the reception and archivist desks
- safety bins around the Reading Room for tissues, wipes and glove disposal
- desks spaced apart
- distance dots on the floor to mark safe distances at the reception and archivist desks
- daily cleaning of public areas between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
When you visit the Reading Room, we ask that you wash your hands with soap and dry them before using the computers, microfilm readers and original records, and wipe down the machines after you use them.
We ask that you do not use your own hand sanitiser as this could damage original records.
You can still access all our online services:
- Search the records using the ArchivesSearch catalogue
- Order copies of records
- Browse through images on our Flickr page
- Watch videos about stories in the collection and researching the archives
- Explore Queensland through the records of QSA and other historical organisations on Q-Album
- Engage with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Contact us if you have a research enquiry or need more information about visiting Queensland State Archives.