Creative collaborations between artists and schools
Artists in Residence
The Artists in Residence Fund provided arts and education funding to kindergartens and schools seeking to increase their engagement with arts and culture through partnerships with artists, arts organisations or arts facilities.
Funded projects could be in any art form or across multiple art forms and could include visual arts, music, dance, design, theatre, performance, digital media, textiles, song and film.
View AIR case studies and previous recipients. .
From November 2019, applicants can apply at any time to the new Arts and Education stream of the Playing Queensland Fund to support artist-in-residence programs targeted at schools and kindergartens in regional Queensland. The stream also supports touring arts and education activities.
The objectives of the Artists in Residence program were to:
- Foster new relationships between kindergartens, schools and the arts and cultural sector
- Support innovative arts education initiatives in Queensland kindergartens and schools
- Support implementation of the Australian Curriculum – The Arts and the Early Years Learning Framework through high quality arts education initiatives.
Applicants could seek funding from $5,000 up to $20,000. There was one funding round each year.
The Artists in Residence program has now closed. Please apply for Artists in Residence programs through the Playing Queensland Fund.
All applicants were restricted to:
- recognised Queensland schools – this included primary, secondary, government and non–government schools – with an ICSEA value of 1000 or less; or
- approved kindergarten program providers funded under the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS) and in receipt of the low socio economic subsidy and/or the remote area subsidy.
The project had to take place in a recognised Queensland school or a Queensland Government–approved kindergarten and meet all necessary Queensland Government legislative requirements under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000.
If you have any questions about this fund, please contact an Arts Queensland Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016, 1800 175 531 (toll free), or email@example.com.