Playing Queensland Fund
The Playing Queensland Fund supports the delivery of performing and visual arts projects that are ready to tour and have demonstrated community interest and confirmed demand.
A component of the Fund delivers outcomes under the Queensland Government’s Backing Indigenous Arts Initiative (BIA).
- To maximise opportunities for regional Queensland communities to experience high quality arts events
- To increase the number and reach of touring activities
- To support tours with a strong demonstration of demand
- To create employment and training opportunities for Queensland artists and arts workers
View the Playing Queensland Fund guidelines.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be over 18 years of age, or have their application co-signed by their legal guardian confirming they will take responsibility for managing any funding that may be offered to the applicant
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland funding
- submit complete applications including all critical support materials
- ensure the tour commences at least 12 weeks from the date Arts Queensland receives the application for funding
- hold current public liability insurance that meets the requirements of the tour and its venues (minimum $10 million)
- demonstrate how this tour differs from what your organisation is currently funded to deliver (only relevant for organisations currently receiving Arts Queensland investment)
- include at least two regional communities in their touring proposal; and
- where applicable, show evidence of demand and support for projects that involve Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people
Additional eligibility criteria apply to Major Performing Arts Organisations (MPAOs). See guidelines, application form and FAQ documents for further information.
How to apply
- Apply online
- Read the Playing Queensland Fund documents: guidelines, application form, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and important information for applicants.
Please note, due to security procedures, Arts Queensland cannot accept hand-delivered or couriered applications.
Data dictionaries provide definitions of measures, calculation methods and counting rules.
Make sure you read the data dictionary for this fund before you start any activities to make sure you collect data in the required way.
Contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016, 1800 175 531 (toll free), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View previous funding recipients.
Help with touring
arTour, provides touring services, including:
- establishing collaborations and partnerships
- brokering new regional, national and international opportunities for Queensland venues and artists
- a suite of contemporary touring programs and resources, including templates, tips and best practice
- fee-for-service touring support.
Additionally, visual arts applicants may also wish to consider engaging visual arts touring specialists:
- Museums and Galleries Queensland (email@example.com / 07 3215 0820)
- Flying Arts Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org /07 3216 1322)