Arts Business Innovation Fund
The Arts Business Innovation Fund (ABIF, the Fund) addresses the need to support innovation to strengthen income generating and entrepreneurial capacity in Queensland-based not-for-profit arts and cultural businesses.
The Fund is an initiative of the Queensland Government, through Arts Queensland (AQ) and the Tim Fairfax Family Foundation (TFFF), developed in partnership Positive Solutions and QUT Creative Enterprise Australia.
ABIF provides a $1 million investment for not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. Both the Queensland Government and TFFF have contributed $500,000 to the fund.
- Strengthen not-for-profit arts businesses financially and operationally by responding to innovative business ideas that will achieve an organisation's mission into the future.
For arts organisations, outcomes will include:
- new and more resilient business models
- diversification of income streams
- access to new markets
- access to new finance and funding streams
- better capitalisation.
For government and Queensland, outcomes will include:
- a pool of funds provided by the private sector that can be re-invested
- increased value and return on government investment.
The fund is a $1 million investment, distributed as matched funding through equal combination of government funding and no interest repayable loan. This will be distributed as matched funding in the following ratios:
Matched by applicant
< $5 m
1 : 1 : 1
1 : 1 : 1
*maximum upper limits
ABIF is a rolling fund, with applications accepted at any time.
How to apply
- Read the Arts Business Innovation Fund documents.
- Submit a Pre-qualification form online.
- Once prequalification has been confirmed by AQ you will be sent a link to submit a full proposal online.
ABIF applicants can access the following optional support:
- Business coach: providing up to 6 hours of professional services in a relevant focus area
- Industry expert (peer): providing up to 6 hours of support to guide applicants through the ABIF process
- Arts Acumen resources: a suite of resources, information and opportunities to foster knowledge growth, connections and access to industry intelligence. Visit www.arts.qld.gov.au and follow the prompts for Arts Acumen.
For tips in preparing competitive applications or how to apply online, view help in applying.
Contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016, 1800 175 531 (toll free), or firstname.lastname@example.org.