Touring Queensland Quick Response Fund
The Touring Queensland Quick Response Fund (TQF Quick) provides Queensland-based artists, arts organisations and presenters (including performing arts venues, galleries and museums, community or local government presenters) with grants of up to $20,000 to support the delivery of touring performances and community engagement activities allied to performing arts or exhibitions touring.
Through this program, Arts Queensland supports artists and arts organisations to deliver artistic outcomes, employ creative and cultural workers, and engage communities to deliver on the priorities described in Creative Together 2020-2030.
- Support Queensland artists and presenters to respond flexibly and quickly to emerging venue and community demand or changes in touring schedules
- Enable Queensland venues to maximise employment opportunities for Queensland artists and arts workers
- Reduce risk to touring companies/artists and presenters/venues, by helping offset the costs of artist fees and/or travelling to and from regional communities
The program works to complement the Touring Queensland Fund which supports performing arts, visual arts and cultural heritage tours.
Funding available and funded activity
TQF Quick will fund up to $20,000 for the following types of activity:
- new performing arts tours that include at least three regional Queensland locations, or at least two regional Queensland and one metropolitan location (regionally based applicants only)
- extension of confirmed performing arts or exhibition touring activity to additional regional locations, or metropolitan locations (regionally based artists only)
- new community engagement activities as part of confirmed performing arts or exhibitions tours in regional locations, or metropolitan locations (regionally based artists only)
TQF Quick will fund regional and metropolitan performing arts venues for up to $5,000 for:
- single-venue performing arts engagements that are part of new or existing tours
Applications to TQF Quick opened on 12 February 2021 and the first assessment panel will meet fortnightly after that until funding is exhausted.
Funded activities for tours or residencies must commence after 15 March 2021 and at least 4 weeks after you submit your application.
TQF Quick applicants must:
- be based in Queensland
- demonstrate that the touring product is from Queensland
- include at least three Queensland locations in applications to support new tours. (Applicants based in regional Queensland must include at least two regional Queensland locations (other than their own) in the three locations. Metropolitan applicants must include at least three regional Queensland locations).
Schools and kindergartens are not eligible to apply to TQF Quick, however they can be the beneficiary of community engagement activities, and new or extended touring activity.
Additional eligibility criteria applies. See TQF Quick guidelines for a full list of eligibility requirements.
How to apply
- Read the Touring Queensland Quick Response Fund documents: guidelines, application form, outcome reports, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and important information for applicants.
- Apply online.
Data dictionaries provide definitions of measures, calculation methods and counting rules.
Make sure you read the data dictionary for this fund before you start any activities to make sure you collect data in the required way.
Online submission through SmartyGrants is Arts Queensland's preferred method for receiving application forms and outcome reports for funding programs.
If circumstances prevent you from providing your application or outcome report in this format please contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016 or toll free 1800 175 53, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View case studies of previous touring funding recipients through the Playing Queensland Fund.
- View previous funding recipients.
- Important information for applicants:
- Information privacy and right to information
- Other income
- Paying award industry rates
- Who is ineligible
- Feedback and review of decision
- Submitting your application
- Important information for successful applicants
- Approved grants
- Intellectual property
- Reporting on outcomes
- Glossary of terms