Career and training in the arts
Are you thinking of a career as a musician, visual artist, dancer, actor, crafter, film maker, event organiser, writer, theatre maker, circus performer, sound or lighting designer, DJ or blogger?
This information on this page may help get you started.
For students and young people
- The Edge has workshops and programs to enhance your skills in technology, new media and design. Learn about sewing and fabrics, web design, programming, working with technology (Mac computers), electronics, music, audio engineering or meet up with other like-minded people.
- The Australia Council for the Arts has artist career research and resources on different art subject areas to help with your career.
- Consider formal study in arts at
- Q Music has music resources for teachers.
- Artslink offers a Youth Program to connect young people and arts. All performances are linked to the Australian Curriculum and QSA Senior Syllabuses.
- Arts Hub has job listings in the arts industry, along with job tips and career advice to help with your career planning.
- Arts Link Queensland offers arts resources on managing events, funding events, partnering, marketing, planning and policy, advocating, consulting community and other art topics.
- Boardconnect can give you advice and support about arts boards.
Interested in volunteering to start your career in the arts?
Volunteer at the:
Find information about volunteering at: