South-eastern Queensland fossicking
A number of fossicking areas have been set aside in south-eastern Queensland for recreational and tourist fossicking. Visitors can fossick for gold at sites near Warwick and Gympie, for topaz near Stanthorpe and for petrified wood near Chinchilla.
Fossickers require a fossicking licence in all areas. Sites that are general permission areas are subject to special conditions and all fossickers must be careful to comply with these.
If you have any questions about fossicking, contact the local mining registrar.
South-eastern Queensland fossicking Guide
In this guide:
- Chinchilla petrified wood localities
- Thanes Creek fossicking area
- Deep Creek fossicking area
- Talgai State Forest fossicking area
- Swipers Gully topaz locality
- Durikai State Forest fossicking area
- Next ( https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/south-east/chinchilla )