Townsville Sports Precinct
The Townsville Sports Precinct is a world-class sporting precinct located between the coast and the iconic Castle Hill. Locally known as ‘The Red Track’, it is the one-stop venue for sport and physical activity in Townsville.
- 3 indoor multipurpose courts
- 400m International Association of Athletics Federations Class 2 approved athletics track with covered grandstand
- Athletics facilities for long and triple jump, hammer throw, discus, steeple chase, water jumps and pole vault
- 2 outdoor fields with lighting, suitable for training and competition for Rugby League, Rugby Union, and Football (Soccer)
- 300m2 gym
- 900 seat capacity
- Corporate and broadcast boxes available
- Ticket booths, canteen cooking and bar facilities available
- 3 meeting rooms with projectors, WiFi, audio equipment
- Seating and tables are available
The precinct is adapted to suit people with a disability, with full access across our parking, sporting facilities and amenities.
Sports House Townsville is the administrative home to many state, regional and national sport and recreation groups. Contact us to enquire.
Entry to Sports House is located at 14 Warburton Street, North Ward QLD 4810.
Bookings and enquiries
Regular and casual facility hire is available for the:
- athletics track
- indoor courts
- conference facilities.
Contact us for more information about casual use or complete a booking form:
- Sports facility booking enquiry
- Conference and function room booking enquiry
- Regular hire booking enquiry
View the Townsville Sports Precinct venue map .
Child safety and protection
We are committed to the protection and safety of the children and young people. View our Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy .