Jack Cranstoun Scholarship
Jack Cranstoun, a much-loved member of the Dispute Resolution Branch, lost his life in October 2014.
In 2015, we introduced a scholarship in Jack’s memory. This scholarship gives young Queenslanders aged 21 to 30 the opportunity to be trained in mediation and assessed for National Mediator Accreditation. It is awarded annually to 1 person from each of the following categories:
- regional Queensland (1 scholarship)
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General staff (1 scholarship)
- Open category (2 scholarships)
The scholarship provides training in 2 courses:
- Mediation level 1 – Introduction to mediation skills
- Mediation level 2 – Development of mediation skills and accreditation assessment.
The scholarship presentation was held 11 April, and we congratulate our 2019 recipients:
- Alma Ball
- Jack Kruger
- Jodie Woodward
- William Sterling
L to R: Scholarship recipient Alma, Attorney-General Yvette D’Ath and scholarship recipient William. (Jodie and Jack were unable to attend).
Applications for the next round of scholarships will open in 2020. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay informed about future scholarships or when scholarship recipients are announced.