Jack Cranstoun Scholarship
Jack Cranstoun, a much-loved member of the Dispute Resolution Branch, lost his life in October 2014.
In 2015, we introduced a scholarship in Jack’s memory. This scholarship gives young Queenslanders between 21 and 30 the opportunity to be trained in mediation and assessed for National Mediator Accreditation. It is awarded annually to a person from each of the following categories:
- regional Queensland
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General staff
The scholarship provides training in 2 courses:
- Mediation level 1 – Introduction to mediation skills
- Mediation level 2 – Development of mediation skills and accreditation assessment.
Applications for the 2018 Jack Cranstoun Scholarship have closed.
We congratulate our 2018 winners:
- Michael Lucas
- Aleisha Edwards (Andrew Morrison accepting the award on Aleisha’s behalf)
- Miranda Woodland - regional winner
- Nikola Core - Department of Justice Attorney General winner
2019 scholarship applications will open in January 2019.