Skip links and keyboard navigation

Refresher training for licensed bodyguard or crowd controllers

As a licensed bodyguard or crowd controller, you must stay up-to-date with the latest industry standards and techniques. This is called revalidation or refresher training.

Complete your training

Every 3 years, you must pass each of the following units from a recognised training provider.

Name of course Code
Manage conflict through negotiation CPPSEC3002A
Control persons using empty hand techniques CPPSEC3013A
Apply first aid
Provide first aid

When we send you your licence, we will give you the expiry dates for each refresher course. You must complete all your refresher training and assessment before the due date.

We will not recognise any prior learning for these units.

First aid training

Your first aid training must be current. If you did this training more than 12 months ago, you must also have done a CPR component in the last 12 months. It must be the following course.

Name of course Code
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation HLTAID001  

You are responsible for making sure that this stays current and up-to-date.

Submit your results

You will need to report that you have completed your training. When you do this, you must include your official:

  • statement of attainment
  • record of results.

Your training provider will issue these documents. You can face disciplinary action if you don’t lodge them on time. This may result in us cancelling your bodyguard or crowd controller licence.

Get the buzz

Do you work in the security industry?

Security Buzz is our new industry newsletter for security providers. It can give you up-to-date and relevant information about:

Last updated
30 June 2017
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.