Urgent and non-urgent disputes

The type of process you will need to undertake to resolve your residential property dispute will depend whether your dispute is defined as urgent or non-urgent.

Non-urgent disputes

Most residential tenancy disputes are non-urgent.

They can include a:

  • dispute about a rental bond
  • general dispute between parties
  • breach of a conciliation agreement 
  • general dispute between sub-tenants and head tenants.

Read the process for resolving a non-urgent dispute.

There are some more serious disputes, such as:

  • termination of a residential tenancy or rooming accommodation agreement due to
    • repeated breaches
    • excessive hardship
    • objectionable behaviour
    • damage or injury
    • abandoned premises
  • handling of abandoned goods or documents
  • emergency repairs
  • proposed or existing tenancy database listings
  • entry to the premises
  • caravan park issues, such as:
    • exclusion of a person
    • changes of park rules
    • relocation within the park
  • rooming accommodation issues, such as:
    • house rules
    • ending of agreements
    • abandoned goods
    • entry to the premises
  • domestic violence issues
  • determining whether an agreement is covered under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming and Accommodation Act 2008
  • compensation
  • warrants of possession.

Read the process for resolving an urgent dispute.

Further information