Paying overdue fines with SPER
If you have a debt with the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) for an unpaid fine or penalty, you can make full or part payments through the following methods.
You can log in to BPOINT using your party ID to:
- check your account balance
- pay your debt using your debit/credit card (MasterCard or Visa only)—credit card payments must be less than $50,000
- set up an instalment plan for regular payments from your debit/credit card or bank account.
Your party ID can be found at the top right of SPER correspondence. If you are not sure, you can call 1300 365 635 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, excluding public holidays).
Once your payment has been submitted, a receipt will appear that you can print or email. If you need to make further payments, you can select that option at the bottom of the screen.
Payment transactions take 24–48 hours to process.
If you get a BPOINT system error, follow the instructions provided on screen. Call us if you continue to have problems.
Instalment plans using BPOINT
The instalment plan you set up in BPOINT is conditionally approved once your details have been successfully submitted.
You will receive a confirmation notice within 3 to 5 working days.
You cannot alter your existing instalment plan through BPOINT. Call us to make any changes.
You can also set up an instalment plan by completing an instalment plan application form.
If you can’t pay the minimum instalment amount, you need to send us a completed financial disclosure application form. We will then contact you to discuss options.
Contact your bank or financial institution to pay from your nominated account using BPAY.
Pay by MasterCard or Visa by calling:
- BPOINT on 1300 742 926
- SPER on 1300 365 635 (or +61 7 3405 0985 if calling from overseas) Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, excluding public holidays.
Have your party ID or reference number (found on your fine or notice) ready when calling.
- Pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or debit/credit card at any Australia Post office for notices with an Australia POSTbillpay barcode.
- Pay by cash or card at any Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) office for other notices.
Send your cheque or money order to:
GPO Box 1387
BRISBANE QLD 4001