Fill in a change of name over 18 years application form
Use this application form to change your name if you were born or adopted in Queensland, or if you were born or adopted overseas but have been living in Queensland for over a year.
It will take you about 15 minutes to complete this application form.
Step 1—Complete online
- Answer the questions below.
- Download and print the completed application form.
Step 2—Complete on paper and submit
- Have another adult (18 or older) witness your signature in the declaration section.
- Get your proof of ID and supporting documents.
- Post your application form to Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, PO Box 15188, CITY EAST QLD 4002.
Step 3—What next?
- If your application is approved, you will need to change your name everywhere you do business in the community.