Finding job vacancies
You can use the following options to search for job vacancies.
Queensland Government jobs
- Job search – search for Queensland Government vacancies.
- Teaching jobs
- Queensland Health – search for current job vacancies.
- Queensland Ambulance Service - search for paramedic job vacancies.
- Queensland Police recruiting – find out about the requirements, opportunities and how to apply.
- Queensland Government-owned corporations – search for vacancies in the energy, transport, funds management and natural resources industries.
- Local Government jobs – search for Local Government jobs throughout Queensland.
Australian Government jobs
- Australian Government – read about the flexible and diverse jobs available in the Australian Government public service.
- Department of Defence – search for job opportunities including the reserves, jobs in security, intelligence, communications and IT, science, engineering, trades, hospitality and support.
Learn about industry job trends and statistics for information about industry growth areas and future job opportunities.
Read how Industry Skills Councils (ISCs) assist in driving workforce development, skills reform and training investment in Queensland.
You can use Queensland Government's Job search to find vacancies and further information about an industry sector (e.g. Mining and energy).
Broaden your search
- Subscribe to receive email alerts about current vacancies that match your criteria from your preferred career website or recruiter (e.g. Queensland Government's Job search.
- Read the job and careers sections of newspapers or industry magazines.
- Talk to people in the areas you are interested in (many jobs are not advertised—some employers rely on word of mouth).
- Look for volunteering opportunities that will help you gain some practical experience.
- Visit job expos, career fairs or industry forums.
- Brush up on your networking skills.
- Use your personal networks, either face to face or through social media to get the word out.