Finding job vacancies
There are a range of ways you can search for job vacancies.
Job search websites
Job websites list openings across industries and in both the private and public sector. You can search jobs based on your preferences. They allow you to apply directly for jobs.
Larger job websites (listed alphabetically) include:
These websites often allow you to subscribe to receive email alerts about current vacancies that match your criteria.
Vacancies can also be found in the jobs and careers sections of newspapers or industry magazines.
There are also many jobs portals and websites for specific industries or sectors.
When looking for harvest work, please do not go directly to farms. You must first contact a Harvest Labour Services (HLS) provider or the employer listed in the job advertisement.
Recruitment or staffing companies
Recruitment or staffing companies work for businesses, both private and public, to fill job openings.
The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association has members across Queensland. Search to find a local recruitment agency.
Local businesses and employers
Many businesses and employers advertise available jobs on their websites or on occasion at their premises. You can search or contact preferred local employers to find out more about current opportunities.
- Queensland Government
- Australian Government
- Local Government jobs – search for Local Government jobs throughout Queensland.
Broaden your search
- Look for volunteering opportunities that will help you gain some practical experience.
- Visit job expos, career fairs or industry forums.
- Brush up on your networking skills.
- Use your personal networks, either face to face or through social media to get the word out.