Find graduate opportunities
Are you ready to join Queensland's largest and most diverse employer?
Queensland Government graduates are part of something bigger — leading projects that make a real difference to the people and communities of Queensland.
Our graduate programs are award-winning, with Queensland Government ranked amongst the top 40 most popular graduate employers in Australia, and as one of Australia's top 20 most attractive employers in 2018.
As a graduate with us, you will:
- be the difference – with responsibility for projects that make a difference to the people and communities of Queensland
- be challenged – with development opportunities to fast-track your career and build transferable skills for the future
- be rewarded – with competitive pay, conditions and benefits
- be balanced – with access to contemporary work practices and work-life balance
- be you – with an organisation committed to diversity and inclusion.
The Queensland Government graduate portal is your one place to connect to thousands of opportunities with us across multiple locations.
The Queensland Government graduate portal has closed and will be reopening in March 2020 for new registrations. Revisit the portal to join the talent pool and find opportunities relevant to you.
The following programs recruited throughout 2019:
|Program information||Important dates|
|Policy Futures||Closed 22 September 2019|
|Greater Graduate Program||Closed 20 September 2019|
|Nursing and midwifery with Queensland Health||Closed 23 August 2019|
|Department of Transport and Main Roads graduate program||Closed 18 August 2019|
|IT Graduate Program||Closed 26 July 2019|
|Queensland Audit Office graduate program||Closed 31 May 2019|
|Queensland Treasury graduate program||Closed 26 April 2019|
|Queensland Health graduate program||Closed 7 April 2019|
Registering with the Queensland Government graduate portal will also connect you to entry-level vacancies in the Queensland Government, which can become available at any time throughout the year.
While these positions are not associated with formal graduate programs, they provide additional opportunities for graduates to gain employment and career development in Queensland Government. Check back in when the portal reopens to be considered. You can also:
- sign up to Queensland Government SmartJobs and set up job alerts
- check out employment opportunities for young people - scholarships, cadetships, apprenticeships and traineeships, vocational and industry placements
- follow us on Queensland Government LinkedIn (where you can also set up job alerts)
- follow us on Queensland Government graduates Facebook for information about Queensland graduate opportunities.