Transfer to another property


You can apply for a transfer to another property if you can prove you have a good reason to move to different housing.

To be considered for a transfer, you must meet at least 1 of the following criteria to show that your current housing does not meet your housing needs:

  • breakdown in relationship with another tenant
  • your safety is at risk
  • you need to live in a particular location to access essential services, gain employment, meet cultural obligations, gain access to children, or for family/informal support
  • the design and/or size of your current housing does not meet your household's needs
  • you have been referred to the department by Disability Services or Queensland Health because you have a disability and need suitable housing.

Note: it is an offence under the Housing Act 2003 to knowingly provide false and misleading information that may influence decisions made about your eligibility for housing services.

You must also:

  • be up-to-date with your rent payments
  • have kept your current property in good condition.

Applying for a transfer

You need to:

  1. complete the transfer application form (PDF, 71KB) for assessment.
  2. attach any paperwork to support your transfer application
  3. make sure all the tenants (people who signed the State Tenancy Agreement) have signed the form
  4. send the form to your nearest Housing Service Centre

We will tell you our decision in writing or will contact you for further information if needed.

Help with your transfer application form

You can have a guardian or administrator, friend or advocate help you complete the transfer application form.

We can arrange an interpreter for you, if needed.

What happens if your transfer application is approved?

If your application to transfer is approved, you must choose 6 locations (suburbs, towns, cities) you would like to live in.

If you are transferring because you need to live in a particular location and have evidence to support this you only need to list that area.

Please tell your nearest Housing Service Centre if there are any changes to your household.