Registering a pool or spa
All residential pools and outdoor spas in Queensland must be registered with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC).
You don’t need to register a portable wading pool if it meets all these criteria:
- can be filled with water to a depth of no more than 300mm
- has a volume of no more than 2,000L
- has no filtration system.
Penalties for unregistered pool or spa
An on-the-spot fine of $235.60 or a maximum court penalty of $2356 may apply to owners with unregistered pools.
Information on the register
The pool safety register includes a:
- record of pools in Queensland
- list of pool safety certificates issued
- list of licensed pool safety inspectors.
How to register your pool or spa
Before you register your pool or spa, conduct a property search to see if the pool or spa is already registered.
- Visit the pool safety register page on QBCC.
- Select the search for a property link.
- Enter your property’s details into the fields provided.
- Check the search result to see if a pool is registered on the property. If it is, the registration is complete.
If there is no pool registered on the property:
- Select the link provided.
- Click the ‘Register pool’ button.
- Add details including number of pools or spas, shared pool status and contact information.
- Click ‘Submit’.
You have now registered your pool or spa.