Seniors living video series
Before you make a decision about where to live during retirement, there are a number of things you should consider.
Legal and financial arrangements can be complex, which makes it essential for you to know your rights and responsibilities and understand the total cost of entering, living in and exiting a retirement village or residential park.
Watch the series of videos below for important information about:
- common housing options in retirement
- how retirement villages and residential parks operate
- the fees involved at each stage of the process—entry, ongoing and exit
- the importance of seeking legal and financial advice
- useful contacts for expert advice or to make a complaint.
The videos are broken into chapters, about:
- the different seniors housing options available
- living in your own home or with family
- living in a retirement village
- living in a residential park
- complaints and contacts
You can also read the video transcripts:
- Seniors housing options video transcript (RTF, 88 KB)
- Living in your own home or with family video transcript (RTF, 81 KB)
- Living in a retirement village video transcript (RTF, 128 KB)
- Living in a residential park video transcript (RTF, 115 KB)
- Complaints and contacts video transcript (RTF, 87 KB).