- Adelaide Bank
- Advantedge Financial Services Pty Limited
- AIMS Home Loans Pty Ltd
- AMP Bank Ltd
- ANZ Bank
- Arab Bank Australia Ltd
- Aussie Home Loans
- Australian Finance Group
- Australian Military Bank Ltd
- Australian Mortgage Securities Ltd
- Australian Unity Bank (formerly Big Sky Building Society)
- Auswide Bank Ltd
- Banana Coast Community Credit Union Ltd
- Bank Australia
- Bank of China (Australia) Ltd
- Bank of Queensland
- Bank of SA (division of Westpac Banking Corporation)
- Bank of Western Australia Ltd
- Bankstown City Credit Union Limited
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Ltd
- BOQ Specialist Bank Limited
- Broken Hill Community Credit Union Ltd
- Cairns Bank
- Capital Credit Union Ltd
- Central West Credit Union Ltd
- Circle Credit Cooperative Ltd
- Citigroup Pty Ltd
- Coastal and Hinterland Cooperative Housing Society No. 10 Ltd
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Community Alliance Credit Union Ltd
- Community CPS Australia Ltd
- Community First Credit Union Ltd
- Country wide Cooperative Housing Society
- Department of Communities (Housing and Homelessness)
- Defence Bank Limited
- Delphi Bank
Applying for the first home owners’ grant
On this page:
The Queensland First Home Owners' Grant is a state government initiative to help you get your first home.
If you’re eligible for the grant, you can get $15,000 towards buying or building a new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000) that you will live in.
- Anyone who is or will be an owner of the new home must be included on the application as an applicant.
- If you have a spouse, they must be included on the application—either as an applicant (co-owner) spouse or non-applicant spouse.
- You only need 1 application for your new home, regardless of the number of applicants.
- The grant is paid per new home, not to each applicant.
- When determining eligibility, each applicant and their spouse must be considered.
When to apply
You must apply and provide supporting documents for the grant within the following timeframes:
- Buying your home—you must apply within 1 year of taking possession of the new home and your title being registered.
- Contract to build—you must apply within 1 year of the new home being completed; for instance, the final inspection certificate being issued.
- Owner–builder—you must apply within 1 year of the new home being completed; for instance, the final inspection certificate being issued.
In special cases, these periods may be extended. If you’re applying outside the application period, you must include a written statement explaining your circumstances.
Using the grant as a deposit
The grant is paid at different times depending on how and when you apply, and whether you are building or buying. For this reason, it’s best not to count on using the grant as a deposit.
You do not need a deposit to apply for the grant itself.
How to apply
There are 2 ways to submit an application:
- through an approved agent (i.e. bank or lending institution)
- to Queensland Revenue Office.
Applying through approved agents
The fastest way to receive the grant is to apply through an approved agent (e.g. bank or lending institution), who will confirm your eligibility and manage your application.
- clearly legible.
There are penalties for giving false or misleading information.
Applying to Queensland Revenue Office
If you’re building or buying your new home (either under a contract or as an owner–builder) and applying for the grant directly with us, the grant isn’t paid until the home is complete and you have supplied us with all supporting documents.
To apply for the grant online, log in, complete the application and upload your supporting documents. If you lodge online, you’ll be able to track the status of your application.
Understanding the status of your application
Incomplete—you have started your application but information is missing. You need to complete the required fields and submit your application.
Documents required—you’ve submitted your application but we still require supporting documents. You can log in and see what documents you have provided and what is still required. You can upload additional documents under Other.
Submitted for processing—we have all your documents and no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you if we need more information.
Lodged—your application is in the queue to be processed.
We aim to process applications that are at 'lodged’ status within 10 working days. This may take longer if we have a large number of applications or if applications are incomplete. If your application involves related parties or potential disqualifying arrangements, it will take longer.
We may contact you for more information to confirm your eligibility for the grant—there are penalties for giving false or misleading information.
You can apply for the grant through the following banks and lending institutions.
- EECU Limited
- Eureka Cooperative Housing Society No 2
- First Mortgage Company Pty Ltd
- First Mortgage Services Australia Pty Ltd
- First Option Credit Union Ltd
- G & C Mutual Bank Ltd
- Gateway Bank
- Goldfields Money Limited
- Goulburn Murray Credit Union
- Great Southern Bank
- Greater Bank Ltd
- Heritage Bank Limited
- Holiday Coast Credit Union
- Homeloans Ltd
- Homeside Lending
- HSBC Bank Australia Ltd
- IMB LTD
- Indigenous Business Australia
- Industries Mutual Credit Union Ltd
- ING Bank (Australia) Ltd
- Intech Credit Union Ltd
- La Trobe Financial Services
- Laboratories Credit Union Ltd
- Macquarie Bank Limited
- Macquarie Credit Union Limited
- MCU Limited
- Members Equity Bank (now ME Bank)
- Muslim Community Cooperative (Australia) Ltd
- MyState Financial Credit Union of Tasmania Ltd (now MyState)
- National Australia Bank
- National Mortgage Market Corporation
- Newcastle Permanent Building Society Ltd
- Northern Inland Credit Union
- One Call Financial Services
- Orange Credit Union Ltd
- People's Choice Credit Union
- Pepper Finance
- Perpetual Trustee Company Ltd
- Poinciana Co-Operative Housing Society
- P&N Bank
- Police Bank
- Police Credit Union
- Power Credit Union
- Prospect Credit Union
- QLD Home Loans Pty Ltd
- Queensland Country Bank
- Queenslanders Credit Union Ltd
- RACQ Bank
- Railways Credit Union Ltd
- Regional Australia Bank
- Reliance Credit Union Ltd
- Secure Funding Pty Ltd
- Security Credit Union Limited
- Service One Credit Union Ltd
- Softwoods Credit Union Co-op
- Southern Cross Credit Union Ltd
- St George Bank
- State Trustees Ltd
- Summerland Credit Union
- Suncorp Bank
- Sydney Credit Union Ltd
- Teachers Mutual Bank
- The Capricornian Ltd
- The Rock Building Society Ltd
- Unity Bank
- Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank
- Waratah Co-Operative Housing Society No. 37 Ltd
- Warwick Credit Union Ltd
- WAW Credit Union
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- Woolworths/Safeway Employees' Credit Cooperative