Water for your home

Water service providers and bills

Water and sewerage connections are made through your water service provider.

Contact your water service provider if you would like more information about how your water bill is calculated or if you have difficulties paying your bill.

Water restrictions

Water restrictions apply in some council areas. Check with your water service provider (generally your local council) for current details.

Your drinking water quality

Your water service provider is responsible for providing safe and reliable drinking water. In most regional areas, your local council is the drinking water service provider.

If you have any questions about your drinking water you should contact your provider directly.

Read more about water quality standards and monitoring.

Using water wisely

Be waterwise and follow these tips to learn more about saving water at home and in the garden.

Learn how to check for water leaks in your home.

Water subsidy

Eligible pensioners can receive a subsidy of up $120 (maximum) each year off the cost of water access and usage charges for properties in the South East Queensland Water Grid.

Read about eligibility and how to apply.

Water customer rights and complaints

Find out about your water rights and water responsibilities.

If you have an issue with your water service provider and you have already tried to resolve the dispute, you can make a complaint to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland.

Find out more