Having trouble paying your bill
Speak with your electricity retailer immediately if you are having trouble paying your electricity bill.
You are able to receive support if you are experiencing financial difficulty due to hardship or if you are unable to pay your bill.
Don’t miss the payment due date as you may be disconnected.
- negotiate an agreed payment plan with your electricity retailer
- ask to speak to your electricity retailer’s hardship team
- pay your electricity bills more frequently (i.e. smaller amounts more often)
- check if you are eligible for any energy concessions
- change to different tariffs in your electricity plan
- assess your electricity usage (e.g. use of household appliances).
Watch the what if I can't pay my bill video below. A video transcript is available on YouTube, under the 'More actions' menu.
Find out more
- Learn more about your electricity consumer rights and complaints.
- Find out about energy concessions.
- Read more about options to assist you in making ends meet on the Queensland Council of Social Service website.
- Locate a financial counsellor near you for financial support and advice.
- Learn more about the Energy Savvy Families program in regional Queensland.