Applying for a reassessment
How to apply
To apply for a reassessment or refund of transfer (stamp) duty, send us the following documents within the relevant period:
- a letter asking for a reassessment
- the original stamped documents (unless otherwise advised)
- any correspondence between the parties confirming the reasons for the reassessment
- a completed statutory declaration (where required)
- a copy of the relevant form
- an EFT refund form (so we can transfer any refund to your bank account).
This table shows the forms required for common reassessed transactions.
Reason for reassessment
Home concession—non-compliance with occupancy requirements
(The original stamped document is not needed if you are completing a Form D2.4.)
First home concession
|First home vacant land concession||Form D2.7|
Unfit, void or voidable instrument
Family business concession
Exemption or other reason not listed above
Post the documents to:
Queensland Revenue Office
GPO Box 2593
Brisbane Qld 4001
We cannot accept payments or documents in person.
We understand that the original instruments or written statements may not be available for you to send to us (e.g. they have been lost or already lodged with Titles Queensland).
In these situations, we accept the following alternative documentation if it enables us to make a reassessment:
- a copy of the document showing the stamping details
- a statutory declaration outlining the
- reason why you can’t lodge the original
- full facts and circumstances of the transaction
- parties to the transaction
- value of the transaction liable for duty (i.e. either the unencumbered value of the property or the consideration for the transaction)
- amount of duty paid
- lodgement/stamping reference, or client number and lodgement/assessment number (if the assessment was made by Queensland Revenue Office)
- self assessor’s reference number or client number and the transaction number (if the assessment was made by a self assessor, such as your solicitor).