Notice for reassessment of transfer duty—home, first home or vacant land concession (Form D2.4)
When to complete this form
Complete this form within 28 days if you received the benefit of a home, first home or first home vacant land concession and:
- you did not move into the residence within
- the previous owner or existing tenant did not move out within 6 months
- you granted a new lease or extended an existing lease before moving in or within 1 year of moving in
- you sold, transferred or otherwise granted exclusive possession of all or part of the property before or within 1 year of moving in.
When not to complete this form
You do not need to complete this form if you received the benefit of a concession an you:
- transferred part of the land to your spouse and the transfer was exempt from duty under s.151 of the Duties Act 2001
- entered into a retirement village leasing arrangement for the residence.
Duty, interest and penalties
Your transaction may be reassessed, requiring you to pay back all or part of the concession. Unpaid tax interest and penalty tax may also apply.
Failing to give notice that you are no longer able to meet the requirements for the concession is an offence. The maximum penalty is $13,055.Print