Payment options for transfer duty

After your transfer duty liability is assessed, you can pay transfer duty via:

  • credit card
  • telephone or internet banking
  • electronic funds transfer
  • cheque or money order.

See below for more detail on these payment methods.

Registered self assessors can also set up direct payments through our online lodgement system, QRO Online.

Make sure you use the correct biller codes and reference numbers when paying, or your payment may not be processed correctly and unpaid tax interest or penalties may apply.

The payment reference code (known as transaction number) appears on your assessment notice, lodgement confirmation statement or debt recovery letter.

Credit card

You can pay online using BPOINT or call 1300 803 545 and follow the prompts. Credit card payments must be more than $10 and less than $50,000.

A surcharge applies to credit card payments:

  • 0.518% for Visa and Mastercard
  • 1.4% for Amex.

Read the BPOINT terms and conditions.

Make sure you select the correct tax type from the biller code drop-down list, and enter the correct payment reference code in the reference number field.

If you have paid by credit card and a refund is due, we will refund the assessment amount to the credit card. The surcharge amount is non-refundable.

Phone or internet banking

Contact your bank or financial institution to make payments from your cheque or savings account by BPAY. See the BPAY website for more information.

The BPAY biller code for transfer duty is 333146.

Electronic funds transfer

Use these bank account details when paying by EFT:

Account name Commissioner of State Revenue Collection Account
Account number1000 0935
BSB code064-013
BankCommonwealth Bank of Australia
ReferencePayment reference code or transaction number

Cheque or money order

If you pay your transfer duty assessment with a cheque or money order, you must:

  • include a printout of the assessment notice or lodgement confirmation page for each transaction you’re paying
  • pay by cleared funds, such as
    • bank cheque
    • credit union's or building society's own cheque
    • solicitor's or accountant's trust account cheque
  • make your cheque payable to 'Commissioner of State Revenue'
  • post your cheque to Queensland Revenue Office, using the GPO box address provided on the assessment notice, lodgement confirmation page or debt recovery letter.

Note: Mail delivery times can affect when our office receives your cheque. This may result in unpaid tax interest.