Community health services
Community health services are available in the community, residential aged care facilities, hospitals, schools and community venues.
You can get help with:
- alcohol, tobacco and drug related issues
- sexual health
- child health and safety
- cancer screening (breasts, bowel and cervical)
- dental services
- refugee health
- pregnancy and postnatal care
- management of chronic disease
- rehabilitation services
- hospital avoidance and substitution services
- palliative care
- healthy lifestyle and weight management
- health outreach services.
Community health services:
- provide comprehensive primary health care services
- encourage good health and advise how to prevent ill health
- help people manage existing health conditions to avoid hospitalisation
- enable people to recover from hospital treatment in the comfort of their homes
- address the high risk of disease in specific communities.
Find out about the types of community health services available.
Find a community health centre
To find your nearest health centre: