New Zealand travel — coronavirus (COVID-19)
Travelling to New Zealand
From 19 April 2021 you can travel from Australia to New Zealand without having to enter managed isolation when you arrive in New Zealand. Pre-COVID entry requirements will apply. See the New Zealand Government's advice for traveling to New Zealand from Australia.
For further information:
- Smart Traveller's New Zealand travel advice
- Australian Government's advice for travelling to New Zealand
- New Zealand Government's advice for traveling to New Zealand from Australia
Please note that other countries still have travel restrictions in place – visit Smart Traveller before making travel arrangements.
Travelling from New Zealand to Queensland
Anyone from New Zealand who travels to Australia on a quarantine free flight can come to Queensland without needing to quarantine.
For more information see the Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction.
While in Queensland
- you must wear a face mask when at an airport or on a domestic or international flight departing or arriving in Queensland. Read about face mask requirements in Queensland.
- Find out what you can and can’t do in Queensland including all the Public Health Directions and related Q&As.