About the Home Quarantine trial for returning Queensland residents
From 11 October 2021, 1,000 returning Queenslanders will be given the opportunity to return to the state and trial a new home quarantine model.
At this stage, the trial is only available to Queensland residents returning from a COVID-19 hotspot who have already applied to return to Queensland.
Queenslanders who have already applied to return will be contacted by the Government to determine their eligibility to participate.
Those taking part in the trial must:
- be a returning Queensland resident
- be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and have proof of vaccination
- have returned a negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to entry into Queensland
- arrive into Queensland by air, via Brisbane Airport
- participate in the home compliance check-in service
- quarantine at a private residence, that is freestanding and has no shared common access areas
- get a COVID-19 PCR test at a drive-through clinic, using a private vehicle, on days 1, 5 and 12.
- travel to their nominated address using an endorsed transport provided at their own expense
Participants will need to have nominated their quarantine address in one of eight Local Government Areas (LGAs):
- Brisbane (excluding Moreton Island)
- Gold Coast
- Moreton Bay
- Redland (excluding the islands of the Redland LGA)
- Sunshine Coast
These areas have been chosen because they are within safe driving distance from the Brisbane Airport and in close proximity to appropriate health care and drive-through testing facilities.
If participants meet all the requirements they will be provided with a border pass and a letter from the Chief Health Officer approving re-entry into Queensland and to home quarantine.