COVID Safe festive gatherings with family and friends
This holiday season take a few moments for yourself or enjoy time with others for a happier and more resilient you.
No matter who you are, where you live or how you’re feeling it’s important to reconnect, celebrate with friends and family or get back to the activities you used to enjoy.
To help make your event COVID safe and enjoyable, follow the tips below when arranging or attending a gathering.
Tips for COVID Safe gatherings
- Check the Movement and Gatherings direction to determine the maximum number people allowed at your gathering or get-together.
- Get outside – where possible, hold your gathering or get- together outdoors or in a well-ventilated area (remember to be sun-smart).
- Spread out – maintain at least 1.5m between household groups.
- Hand hygiene – remind people to wash hands regularly or if handwashing facilities are not available, bring hand sanitiser.
- Respiratory hygiene – remember to sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue (then put the tissue in the bin).
- Cleaning – wipe down frequently touched areas and surfaces with detergent or disinfectant regularly.
- Food and snacks – serve food and snacks on individual plates – avoid sharing utensils.
- Attending festive events and displays – keep 1.5m from other households, ensure you register your contact information, follow the directions of event organisers.
- Setting up a festive display in your home/garden – encourage people to practise physical distancing when visiting; discourage physical interaction (for example touching) to limit cleaning requirements; provide hand sanitiser; if offering snacks or treats, ensure they are individually wrapped.
- If there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in Queensland, further restrictions may be put in place that limits gatherings or events and activities. You can find the current requirements in the Public Health Directions.
Visit Unite against COVID-19 for information about the Queensland Government response, including current requirements for social distancing, border closures and business restrictions.